A company I have been involved with for a while is seeking to hire a controller to be in Durham, NC.
The reason why I think it is such an exciting opportunity is that I love the team and they are growing really fast. And this isn't the typical controller positon. The job comes with a lot of other responsibilities as well. More of a description below.
If you are interested or know someone we should be talking with, send me an email [email protected]
- Own the production of monthly/annual financial and KPI reports to Executive Management and Board
- Oversee and improve financial operations, including reporting, controls, policies, and risk management
- Manage and participate in day-to-day financial operations and processes, including AP, AR, cash, payroll, invoicing/billing, collections, and fixed asset records
- Manage day-to-day tax and HR activities
- Manage the company’s cash position, including oversight of the company’s transaction processing systems and interfaces to processing vendors
- Work with outside auditor, banks, insurers, lessors, and credit card companies
- Provide financial analysis and process improvement to other areas of the company as necessary, including Operations, Support, Product, and Marketing
- Provide tactical/operational support as necessary
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong preference for CPA
- 5+ years work experience, with 2+ managing financial operations or in public accounting
- Exposure to business areas outside of F&A a plus (HR, Tax, Legal)
- Workmanlike Attitude – Willingness to roll up sleeves and help wherever necessary
- Willingness and ability to learn new things – Enough general business experience and resourcefulness to quickly get up to speed on a new problem and address it with little to no guidance.
- Ability to synthesize and understand large volumes of data derived from online sales activity
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, performance-driven growing tech company